Are you looking for a relatively easy way to update your kitchen? Try painting the cabinets—this cost-effective project is guaranteed to brighten up your space!
- Start by removing the cabinet doors, drawers, and all hardware. Be sure to place the hardware in plastic bags, label the bags, and put each bag in its corresponding cabinet.
- Using the cabinet cleaner, clean all surfaces, and allow them to dry thoroughly.
- Lightly sand all doors on all sides and faces. Use the sanding block to prevent rounding the wood edges.
- Apply an even coat of primer sealer to all surfaces.
- Use the semigloss paint to paint in the following order—inside edges, openings in the face frames, outer cabinet sides, and face frame fronts. Next paint the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Allow paint to dry for at least four hours between coats. Once dry, lightly re-sand all surfaces, wipe away dust with a tack cloth, and repaint. Typically, two coats of quality paint will suffice.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Jun 29, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Jun 9, 2020