Are you looking for a relatively easy way to update your kitchen? Try painting the cabinets—this cost-effective project is guaranteed to brighten up your space!
- Start by removing the cabinet doors, drawers, and all hardware. Be sure to place the hardware in plastic bags, label the bags, and put each bag in its corresponding cabinet.
- Using the cabinet cleaner, clean all surfaces, and allow them to dry thoroughly.
- Lightly sand all doors on all sides and faces. Use the sanding block to prevent rounding the wood edges.
- Apply an even coat of primer sealer to all surfaces.
- Use the semigloss paint to paint in the following order—inside edges, openings in the face frames, outer cabinet sides, and face frame fronts. Next paint the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Allow paint to dry for at least four hours between coats. Once dry, lightly re-sand all surfaces, wipe away dust with a tack cloth, and repaint. Typically, two coats of quality paint will suffice.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020