If you’re a fan of the whole “chestnuts roasting on an open fire” adage of the holidays, you’re certainly going to be a fan of these bourbon-glazed pecans (which are, frankly, tastier than chestnuts). Who has time for all that cracking, anyway?
- In a small bowl, combine the bourbon and cranberries, and let soak for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat, and add in the pecans. Stir continuously to avoid burning, and toast for 3–4 minutes, or until fragrant and slightly browned. Add in the butter, and mix to coat.
- Add in the spice mixture, and stir. Remove from the heat, and pour in the dried cranberries and bourbon. Continue to stir for another minute.
- Place back on the heat, and continue to stir for 1–2 minutes until the mixture thickens into a glaze. Once thickened, place the pecans in an even layer on a baking sheet, and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the orange zest over top the pecans, and serve.
Try out this tasty appetizer for your next party, and for more recipe ideas, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018