Back in the 1990s, flannel became really popular with the grunge music movement; however, it had actually been a popular fabric for decades before that. Why? Because it’s so comfortable! It’s soft to your skin, yet durable enough to keep you warm—which is why it’s as great for shirts as it is for sleepwear.
Because flannel is so comfortable, it would also make for a great theme for an autumn party. Invite your guests to come casual in flannel, because the name of the game with this party is comfort. Of course, the food and overall feel of a falling for flannel party should match the comfort vibe, so make the delicious recipe below, and then download the printables to complete your party preparation.
BBQ Pork Sliders
These saucy, finger-licking-good sliders are the perfect choice to feed your guests at your flannel-themed get-together. This recipe is super easy, so you can get it set up and cooking in no time—and start planning the other parts of your party.
- Put the pork in a slow cooker, and pour the soda over the pork.
- Set your slow cooker on low, and let the pork cook for 6 hours.
- Place pork on a large cutting board, let it sit for 5 minutes, and then shred the pork with a fork or tongs. Remove any liquid from the slow cooker, and place the pork back into the container.
- Add the barbecue sauce to the pork, and mix thoroughly.
- Toast buns, if desired, and serve.
Printable Flannel Party Kit