Deciding what to do with a hand-me-down dresser can be frustrating. Should you throw it away or try to refurbish it? Choose the latter, and bring it back to life by using it as a base of a window box. Not only will you feel better about not wasting it, it will add a vintage ambience to the outside of your house!
- Start cutting down your drawers. They should be roughly around 12” wide and 8” deep.
- Remove the back piece or the dresser drawer. Cut off the end of the drawer until it is 8” deep.
- Reattach the back of the drawer with screws in each corner to complete the box.
- Drill holes in the bottom of the drawer with the drill bit for drainage.
- Apply a new coat of paint of your desired color.
- Once dry, fill with potting soil and flowers of your choice.
Tip: The exterior of houses varies. You can either purchase a bracket, or attach hooks to the exterior of the window. To determine the best way to hang your window box, speak with a representative at your local hardware store.