Centerpieces are designed to be focal points, centers of attention. And what better way to make use of this adornment than to show your pride in your country?
Honor all those who have served in our military by creating a one-of-a-kind star-spangled centerpiece, which is certain to be an eye-catcher and conversation starter!
- Spray paint two of the mason jars white. (You might have to apply two or three coats.) Make sure to let the jars dry completely in between coats.
- With the large paintbrush, paint the third jar blue. Allow to dry, and apply additional coats, if necessary.
- After the white jars are dry, create two painter’s tape stripes on each jar. Use the red paint to fill in the uncovered areas. Allow to dry, and apply additional coats, if necessary. Remove painter’s tape, and use paint to touch up where necessary.
- Create star shapes on the blue jar by tracing the foam star with the pencil. Using the fine tip paintbrush, fill in the star shapes with the white acrylic paint.
- For a more rustic look, gently rub sandpaper over the edges and embossed text on the jar once the paint has dried.
- Once your are happy with how the jars look, spray them outside with the clear sealant. After they have dried, fill them with fresh cut flowers to complete your centerpiece.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020