We create so many wonderful memories during childhood. A paper memory chain is a simple activity to extend the fun and add a little decoration to your child’s bedroom! In addition to providing mess-free fun, it serves as a reminder of happy times that are sure to bring smiles year round.
- Designate a spot on a dresser or table for the supplies, and have the strips of paper cut and ready to go. That way, you are able to create a new link at a moment’s notice.
- Choose which color you would like to make the link. Then use the marker to write a memory on one side of the paper. The memory could be about something fun that you did that day, a recap of a new experience, or reflecting on lessons learned.
- With the writing facing up, bring both ends of the paper strip together so that the text is curling inward. If you are adding onto an existing chain link, simply weave the paper strip through the center of the last paper link before curling the paper into a link.
- Fasten the ends together with a staple. If you don’t like the look of the staple showing on the final product, use tape instead.
- Continue this process to add more memory links to your chain. Then use your chain as decoration for your playroom—acting as a visual reminder of all the fun you’ve been having!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020