Brie wrapped in puff pastry is a simple and delectable appetizer that can be adapted in any number of ways. This particular recipe features fruity fig jam, herbs, and nuts that will take your dinner party to new heights.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment.
- Spread the puff pastry on a floured work surface. Place the cheese on a small cutting board, and spread the jam and honey over the top of it. Sprinkle the thyme over it, and dot with butter.
- Using a large spatula, transfer the cheese to just inside the edge of the puff pastry. Add the dates and half the almonds to the top of the cheese, then wrap the pastry over the wheel. The blanket of pastry should cover all the cheese. Pinch the seams to create a tight fit, then transfer the pastry over to the prepared baking pan.
- Create a pattern of incisions on top, so steam can escape. Brush the pastry with egg wash, then add the remaining almonds on top of the pastry, and bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes, then serve hot with crackers, bread, or apple slices.
Recipe adapted from A Baker’s Passport: Recipes for Breads, Savory Pies, Vegetarian Dishes, Tarts, Cakes, and Cookie Classics. (Original-Third Edition)
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017