These tartines might be small, but that doesn’t mean they skimp on flavor. Each bite is filled with creamy avocado, pesto, and mozzarella—the perfect irresistible appetizer for your next gathering.
Vegan: Skip the cheese. | Gluten Free: Use gluten-free bread.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil, and then toast in a toaster or on a grill.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, drizzle enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil shimmers, add the sage leaves, and lightly fry until they turn vibrant green without browning, 10 to 15 seconds on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Top each piece of toasted bread with slices of mozzarella, avocado, watercress, thyme, sage, and dollops of pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the extra pesto on the side.
Reprinted from The Love and Lemons Cookbook: An Apple-to-Zucchini Celebration of Impromptu Cooking. The Love & Lemons Cookbook by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Jeanine Donofrio.
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017