Get your cast iron skillet out and let’s have a debate about the origins of this ancient-yet-trendy tomato-and-egg stew from the Arab world. You can add your favorite spices and vegetables to make a new creation or clean out the vegetable drawer of your fridge for the vegetable mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, and salt, and set the bowl aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and add the garlic. Allow to soften for a minute or two, then add the onion and green pepper and swiss chard. Lower the heat, add the tomato mixture, and toss together.
- Form 6 “nests” in the vegetable mix with the back of a large spoon, then crack an egg into each nest.
- Put the skillet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are set. Season to taste and serve hot.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 25, 2020