These melt-in-your-mouth, soft, chewy peanut butter cookies will have you hooked from the first bite. A perennial favorite in our house, this recipe is often doubled because we love it so much. It’s a wholesome treat that appeals to adults and children alike.
Makes 1 dozen
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a medium-size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl stir together the peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Make sure your peanut butter is soft and almost runny to start. If it’s not, warm it up in a pan first until it softens up.
- Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined. It will still look a bit dusty. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes, and then give it one more quick stir.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Gently press down on each one gently with the back of a fork to get a crisscross effect. If your fork sticks to the dough, just run it under hot water before each crisscross.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
Recipes from The Yoga Plate: Bring Your Practice into the Kitchen with 108 Simple & Nourishing Vegan Recipes by Tamal and Victoria Dodge. © 2019 Tamal Dodge and Victoria Dodge.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020