Whether you refer to it as puppy chow, muddy buddies, or something entirely different, there is no denying the irresistible nature of Chex cereal smothered in melted peanut butter and chocolate and coated in a generous serving of powdered sugar.
Follow this simple recipe to whip up a quick snack the next time you’re looking to indulge in that perfect peanut butter-chocolate combo.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the butter. Continue to stir the chocolate as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that you do not burn the chocolate. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add ¾ cup of peanut butter to the melted chocolate, and stir to combined. The peanut butter should liquify from the heat of the chocolate to create a single fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Evenly pour 1½ cups of powdered sugar into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the chocolatey cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and enjoy the peanut butter deliciousness of this treat. You can also store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 17, 2016