Nothing’s better than a warm plate of pasta, especially as days get colder. And this veggie version is simply autumn in a bowl, featuring beet-flavored noodles, hazelnuts, pesto, and Parmesan in a delicious combination that can’t be beat.
Ingredients: For the beet linguine
Ingredients: For the sage pesto
Ingredients: For topping
- Mound flour on a clean surface, and make a well in the middle of the flour. Add egg yolks, egg, beet puree, and salt to the well, and whisk with a fork until blended and smooth.
- Start working the flour into the egg mixture in increments. Once most of the flour is mixed in, use your hands to knead into a slightly tacky dough. (If dough is sticky instead of tacky, knead in 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until desired result.) Sprinkle dough ball with flour, and wrap with plastic wrap. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, place pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth, and set aside until ready to toss with cooked pasta.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough, and separate dough into quarters. Flatten it using your hands, and liberally sprinkle with flour before putting it into a pasta maker for further flattening and cutting (following manufacturer’s instructions). Toss pasta in flour, and drape to dry, making sure pasta noodles are not touching (as they will stick together). Dry for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta for 2–3 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Drain pasta in a large bowl, and add pesto. Toss with a spoon to coat noodles.
- To serve, place noodles in a bowl, and top with prosciutto, hazelnuts, sage, and Parmesan.
Tip: The pesto will last for 1 week wrapped in refrigerator.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020