Super tender, flaky, and flavorful cod recipe—a great reason to break out the grill. The subtle smokiness of the tomato butter pairs perfectly in this crave worthy recipe.
Ingredients: For the tomato butter
Ingredients: For the cod
Ingredients: For the charred tomatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high. Char tomatoes, turning frequently until thoroughly charred. Place charred tomatoes into a blender or food processor and puree with garlic. Pour tomato puree into a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until puree begins to simmer. Whisk in white wine, and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk in butter cubes a couple at a time. Sauce will begin to thicken with more butter. Once all the butter is added, remove from the heat, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Pat cod portions dry with a paper towel, and season with salt. Once oil begins to smoke, gently add cod to the pan. Don’t overcrowd—sear a couple at a time.
- Sear cod for 3 minutes per side, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Let rest until ready to serve.
- Skewer cherry tomatoes, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tomatoes until lightly charred. Remove the skewer, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pool sauce on the bottom of the plate, gently place seared cod on top, and arrange charred cherry tomatoes around the fish. Garnish with chopped tarragon.
Tip: Don’t feel like breaking out the grill? No worries—char the tomatoes under the broiler. You can ask your butcher or fish monger to portion the cod for you as well.