Celebrate the sweet taste of independence with some sweet fruit-inspired summertime recipes! Try these ideas for patriotic punch and freedom fruit skewers to create healthy, festive treats for the Fourth of July holiday, or make either on any hot summer day to enjoy a burst of refreshing fruit flavor.
Ingredients: Patriotic Punch
- Combine equal parts apple juice, white grape juice, and Sprite in a clear serving pitcher. Fill the pitcher three-quarters full so that there is room to add the fruit.
- Wash apples, and slice into rings. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut stars out of each apple ring. Continue until all apples are cut.
- One at a time, carefully add apple chunks to the punch so that the star shapes clearly show through the side. (Note: Adding enough apples to fully create one even layer will keep the chunks vertical.)
- Cut watermelon into chunks. Gently place each piece into the pitcher, creating a layer of watermelon on top of the apple chunks. Push the fruit layers down slightly to cover with punch.
- Wash blueberries, and carefully layer on top of the watermelon chunks. Top with equal parts of apple juice, white grape juice, and Sprite to cover the blueberries and fill the pitcher.
Ingredients: Freedom Fruit Skewers
- Cut pineapple and apples into rings. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut stars out of each ring. Set aside.
- Thread blueberries onto skewers by themselves, or mix them with the apple rings. Arrange the skewers with the pineapple stars on serving dishes. Keep the prepared fruit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020