Random acts of kindness are just that: random. But in the hustle and bustle of life, oftentimes these simple actions are pushed to the back burner. However, everyone—from mere strangers to family members—could greatly benefit from a little compassion. Use these simple ideas to make someone’s day a little brighter!
- Compliment someone for their hard work.
- Feed someone’s parking meter.
- Donate your talents.
- Help someone load their groceries into their car.
- Sit with someone who is alone.
- Take your neighbor’s dog for a walk.
- Leave a waitperson a large tip with an encouraging note.
- Reconnect with someone you’ve lost touch with.
- Tell a family member how much you appreciate them.
- Send a handwritten letter instead of a text message.
- Make a family member breakfast in bed.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Plant flowers in a local park.
- Hold the elevator for someone.
- Pay off someone’s layaway at a department store.
- Pick up litter off of the street.
- Stop to talk to a homeless person.
- Pay for the coffee for the person behind you.
- Be an active listener.
- Say thank you to a janitor.
Strive to take the initiative and aim to make more random acts of kindness throughout your daily life.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 30, 2020