Take your homemade lollipops up a notch with these recipes that include ingredients like ginger and peppermint, plus sprinkles, flowers, fruit, or any other ingredients you can imagine, for a soothing treat. These lollipops also make for a great addition to a chemo care package!
Ingredients: Ginger-mint pops
- In a blender, mix chamomile tea and mint leaves. Continue to blend until the mint is fully chopped.
- Pour out the mixture into a small saucepan, and add in honey and ginger, cooking on low heat. Stir until the mixture reaches a temperature of 300°F. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, place a test drop or two into a cup of ice-cold water. If the mixture stays hard, it’s ready.
- Pour the mix into lollipop molds, or free-form onto sticks on a greased, nonstick mat, or parchment paper.
- Let the pops cool at room temperature until hardened, and store them wrapped in parchment paper.
Ingredients: Peppermint sprinkle pops
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Attach a candy thermometer to the inside, and increase the heat to medium-high until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Allow to boil until the thermometer reaches 310°F. Then carefully mix peppermint extract into the candy.
- Pour out the mixture onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper to form 2-3-inch circles, or pour in a lollipop mold for more uniform pops. Quickly push in the sticks, and add sprinkles or other garnishes, if desired.
- Let cool until fully hardened, then store at room temperature, wrapped in parchment paper.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jun 29, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020