Getting your house ready to put on the market can seem like a massive undertaking. From cleaning to staging, you might not know where to begin. In search of advice? Break each room into sections, and tackle the room head on.
- Use pillows and throw blankets to soften up the room.
- Clear off the coffee table.
- Store toys out of sight.
- Clear off the dining table—only leave the centerpiece.
- Remove extra chairs from the table.
- Set the table with 4 to 6 place settings.
- Clean the appliances—stove, oven, and microwave.
- Remove magnets from the refrigerator.
- Empty the trash can before each showing.
- Invest in new bedspreads if necessary.
- Remove distracting wall decor.
- Keep daily necessities in either bins, drawers, or closets.
- Display a new bottle of hand soap.
- Replace shower curtains if necessary.
- Clean any moldy areas.
- Store soap and supplies in a cupboard.
- Clear out all clothing.
- Keep all surfaces clean.
Although it will take time and effort to get your house ready to show, just remember—the better it looks, the shorter the time it will stay on the market!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Mar 23, 2018
Wine and Food: The Perfect Union
| Mar 2, 2018