Bacon has become an incredibly popular product over the past several years. According to the National Pork Board, Americans consume almost 18 pounds of it per year. Here’s a creative way to give the gift of bacon during the holidays: with this delicious recipe for savory jam!
Makes 2 (8 ounce) jars
Printable Jar Labels
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add the onions, and cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions, and set aside on paper towels.
- Once the onions are a dark golden brown, deglaze the pan with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, scraping the pan as the vinegar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of balsamic vinegar, plus the brown sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir for 5 about minutes, until a nice glaze forms.
- Place the glaze into a food processor along with the bacon slices, and pulse until you have the jam consistency you want.
- Spread the jam on toast or crackers, and enjoy! Or you can store the jam in a jar, and give it as a gift soon after making it (as it’s good for up to 7 days in the refrigerator).
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017