It might seem like making homemade bread is an exhausting and time-consuming process, but, in actuality, it can be quite simple. Forgo the yeast in favor of baking soda in this traditional Irish soda bread, and you’ll be surprised the time and energy you can save!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the ½ cup of softened butter, 1 cup of the buttermilk, and egg to the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead slightly. Form the dough into a round shape, and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Mix together the remaining buttermilk and ¼ cup of melted butter. Brush the mixture over the loaf, and, using a knife, cut an “x” into the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, brushing more of the buttermilk mixture onto the dough every 15 minutes as it bakes.
Try your hand at this easy homemade bread, and be sure to snap a photo to share on social media with the hashtag #ALMbites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017