Don’t underestimate the potential of bread pudding. It may sound like an old-fashioned holiday dessert, but switch up the flavor from sweet to savory and you have an unbeatable casserole that will feed the whole family.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter and melt, and then add the onions and coat them in the butter. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the bread cubes in a bowl with the ham and cheese. Add in the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard powder, parsley, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour over the bread mixture, and stir gently.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9” x 9” baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Mar 19, 2017