Country-chic is a popular trend in home design these days, and is a simple and elegant look that you can achieve with fairly minimal effort. Adding a barn-style door to already existing furniture is one such way to bring this classic style into your home.
- Lay boards of equal length side-by-side, as many as you want to make up the width of your door. Cut two other pieces of wood to be the same width. Add one board to the top of the door, and the other to the bottom. Make sure that your door hardware will line up correctly with where you are placing the wood pieces.
- Lay one piece of wood across the door diagonally, and use the pencil to mark where to cut the piece to fit in between the top and bottom pieces.
- Sand any rough edges of the wood with sandpaper, and stain. Allow to dry.
- Use wood glue to adhere the top pieces to the boards. Clamp together for at least 30 minutes, and secure the boards with screws on the backside of the door so they remain unseen.
- Attach the sliding door hardware to a shelf, doorway, or any other space, and then attach the hardware to the door according to the enclosed instructions
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018