Looking for an easy storage solution that saves space and money? Simply grab an old bookcase (any will do), and turn it into a fun and decorative bench that’s chic and functional.
- Turn the bookcase onto its side, and using a drill fitted with a ½-inch drill bit, pre-drill holes into each corner and the middle of the bottom sides. Screw the couch legs into each hole.
- Cut the pegboard or piece of wood to match the dimensions of the top of the bookcase.
- Place the foam on top of the board, and lay face down onto the fabric. Cut the fabric, leaving about 4–5 inches around each side of the board.
- Pull the fabric taut to the board and foam, and staple the fabric to the board, folding it around each corner.
- Glue the upholstered board to the top of the bench, clamping down each corner with a weight or heavy object.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018