When it comes to planning the menu for your party, chilled appetizers—shrimp salad or bruschetta—are always a hit. However, these appetizers need to stay cold. So what’s a party planner to do? Make these ice bowls that will not only keep your appetizers chilled but will also make a big impression on your guests.
- Place ice chips in the bottom of the larger bowl. The depth of the ice chips should equal the desired thickness for the wall of your ice bowl.
- Set the smaller bowl on top of the ice. Fill the gap between the inner and outer bowls with more ice chips.
- Place decorative fillers throughout the ice chips.
- Weigh down the inner bowl with either rocks or frozen veggies.
- Pour water ⅓ of the way into the gap, and freeze until solid. Repeat with two more layers of water until the space between the bowls is filled and frozen.
- Remove the inner bowl by filling it with warm water until it is loosened from the ice bowl, and remove the outer bowl by dipping it in warm water.
- Wrap ice bowls in plastic, and freeze until ready to use.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020