The problem with fresh flowers is that they eventually wither. The solution is to press them. Pressed flowers can be used in a wide variety of projects, including this easy craft that creates a beautiful stained glass effect.
- Press the flowers by placing them between two sheets of absorbent paper and topping them with heavy objects such as a stack of books for two to three weeks. Avoid paper towels with imprinted texture, because the pattern may imprint on the petals, and consider replacing paper after about a week.
- When the flowers are completely dried and pressed, cut out two sheets of wax paper to fit the size of the frame you are using.
- Arrange the pressed flowers on one sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle the crayon shavings on top of the flowers.
- Put the second sheet of wax paper on top. Iron the wax paper on a medium setting without steam until the crayons melt together.
- Once melted, allow the wax paper to cool before placing the craft into your frame. Place in a window where the sunlight can travel through your stained glass design.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020