Apples and cinnamon is one of the quintessential flavor combinations of fall, and with this dynamic duo everywhere this time of year, how can you choose which treat to indulge in first? Why not apple crumb and apple cider doughnuts—together!
Ingredients: For the doughnuts
Ingredients: For the crumb topping
- Simmer apple cider in a small saucepan, on low-medium heat for 15–20 minutes. Allow it to cool in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the topping by stirring together all of the crumb ingredients with a fork, and set aside.
- Toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, until smooth. Whisk in the buttermilk, vanilla, diced apples, and ½ cup of the apple cider.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and very gently mix together with a whisk. Some small lumps may remain, but not many.
- Fill each space in the pan about ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly onto the doughnut batter, and bake for 9–10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool in the pan slightly, and then transfer to a wire rack or serving tray when they are cool enough to handle.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020