The rabbit is an iconic sign of spring, and equally important are the delicious peanut butter eggs we devour this time of year. Why not combine the two for an adorable Easter treat?
Ingredients: for the frosting/decorating
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and one cup of the powdered sugar. Turn the heat to medium, and stir until everything is fully melted and combined. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the rest of the powdered sugar slowly, stirring each time. Cover the mixture, and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and shape into small balls (about 1½-inches in diameter). Place back onto the baking tray, and freeze.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Roll each ball through the chocolate to completely coat, and place back on the baking sheet. Place two almond slivers on either side of top of each ball to make bunny ears.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the buttercream for decorating by beating all ingredients together in a bowl until fluffy. Separate the frosting into different bowls, and use a few drops of food coloring to create your desired colors.
- Place each color frosting into separate piping bags (or a plastic bag with a tip removed), and pipe a face onto each bunny.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020