These flaky pull-apart biscuits are topped with a delicate lemon drizzle for just the right amount of sweet, tart flavor.
Ingredients: For the biscuits
Ingredients: For the glaze
- Spray a 6-quart (6-L) slow cooker with cooking spray, or create a foil slow cooker liner to prevent the biscuits from overcooking on the edges. Use two pieces of foil that are 18 inches (45.5 cm) long. Fold them in half, and then fold again so that each foil piece measures 4 × 18 inches (10 × 45.5 cm) long. Place both pieces into the slow cooker so that they line the sides of the slow cooker. Then, place a piece of parchment paper in the slow cooker, over the foil.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Mix the lemon zest and sugar together.
- Place the lemon-sugar mixture in a plastic bag, add the biscuit pieces, and toss to coat. Place the biscuit pieces in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar from the bag over the top of the biscuits. Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Place a cotton towel or paper towel between the lid and the slow cooker to absorb condensation. Cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours. Remove the lid for the last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking time.
- For the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, butter, and lemon juice, and drizzle it over the top of the cooked biscuits.
Cover and book design by Page Street Publishing Co. Photography by Erica Allen
Reprinted with permission from Holiday Slow Cooker by Leigh Anne Wilkes, Page Street Publishing Co. 2017.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020