Kids and kids at heart agree: nothing beats the sweet, gooey taste of homemade Rice Krispies Treats®. Combine this classic snack with the spirit of the season by making your own pumpkin pie-flavored version—it’s sure to be a holiday hit for friends and family alike!
- Spread the puree on a cheesecloth or between several paper towels, and let it sit for approximately 45 minutes to remove the excess moisture from the pumpkin.
- Melt the butter in a large pan set on medium-low heat, and add the marshmallows, stirring them as they melt.
- Scoop out ½ cup of melted marshmallow, and pour into a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the reserved pumpkin puree and spices with the remaining marshmallow mixture. Add the remaining 4 cups cereal, and mix well.
- Cover the pie pan with cooking spray, and press the plain marshmallow-cereal mixture along the outer edges to create the pie crust. Then fill the center with the pumpkin-flavored mixture, and press until smooth to create the pie filling. Set aside to cool before cutting out pie slices.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020