This is a delicious holiday side dish, perfect to pair with any roast. Spinach is simmered in wine and cream before being topped with roasted, golden mushrooms.
Ingredients: for the roasted mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes or until tender and translucent. Stir in flour, creating a roux.
- Whisk in wine and half-and-half, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in parmesan and spinach. Cover, and cook for 12–15 minutes or until spinach is tender and sauce has thickened slightly.
- While creamed spinach is simmering, arrange mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with garlic, and season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Roast for 10–12 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve creamed spinach warm, topped with roasted mushrooms.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 23, 2020