You don’t need to go full Seven Fishes Feast this holiday to dip into a taste of Italy. Instead, make these tasty arancini (fried rice balls) with a twist—a creamy avocado-cilantro dipping sauce. Nonna would approve!
Ingredients: For the arancini
Ingredients: For the dipping sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heat a skillet to medium heat, and melt the butter. Add in the garlic and onions, and cook until tender. Add in the arborio rice, and stir until grains become translucent. Pour in ½ a cup of the chicken broth, and increase heat to medium-high. Continue to cook until most of the broth is evaporated.
- Pour in the remaining chicken broth and the milk, and bring to a simmer. Stir, cover, and bake in the oven until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft. Allow the rice to cool, and add in the rice ball mixture ingredients. Mix to combine, and chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours (or overnight).
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, followed by the whisked eggs in a separate bowl, and finally, the breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Form the rice mixture into a ball. Roll the ball first into the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the rest of the rice mixture, and set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. Add in the vegetable oil until about 1-inch deep. Once hot, carefully place a few of the rice balls into the oil, and turn often so they fry evenly. When they become golden brown, remove from oil, and place on a paper towel.
- For the dip, combine all ingredients in a blender, and mix until well-blended. Stir in one tablespoon of water (as needed) until the dip reaches desired consistency.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020