These easy, fun, and whimsical scones make everyone happy—for all the kids in your life, even the adult sized ones.
Makes 1 dozen large scones or 2 dozen mini scones
Ingredients: For the scone dough
Ingredients: For the toppings
- Using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Work in the butter until the mixture is slightly crumbly (it’s perfectly OK for there to be odd sized pieces of butter, this will make the scones super flaky and yummy).
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and fruity cereal. Mix for 5 minutes or until a slightly tacky (not wet or sticky) dough forms.
- Scrape dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough into a large rectangle, around 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut dough into even squares and cut those squares in half, forming triangles. Place your scone triangles on a parchment lined cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Place scones in the refrigerator while the oven preheats to 400°F.
- Bake scones for 15 minutes, rotating once halfway. Let the scones cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar with buttermilk, making a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over cooled scones, and sprinkle fruity cereal on top before serving.
Tip: The fruity, flaky cereal adds pops of color to these scones, but any fun cereal will do—chocolate, frosted, honey, etc…
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020