Makes approximately 18 cookies
This cookie is a Kerber’s Farm favorite. Its moist and chewy consistency, coupled with the molasses and ginger notes, will quickly transport you back to a simpler time.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the egg and molasses and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides with the spatula as needed. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and continue to mix until just combined.
- Portion out cookies and form into the size of a golf ball. Roll each in crystal sugar and place on the baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly using your palms.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature.
Recipes excerpted from The Kerber’s Farm Cookbook: A Year’s Worth of Seasonal Country Cooking by Nick Voulgaris III. All images © Lindsay Morris. Rizzoli, 2019.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020