Is there anything more delicious than fresh, grilled seafood? The cedar plank bed infuses the salmon in this recipe, giving it an added depth of flavor and smokiness that’s irresistible.
- Soak the cedar planks in water for at least 1 hour, keeping them submerged.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, sugar, soy sauce, and ginger to make a glaze.
- Prepare your grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Brush the glaze evenly over the salmon.
- Set the soaked planks on the grill for a few minutes, until they begin to smoke, adding water if they seem too dry. Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the planks, sprinkle with fleur de sel, and close the lid of the grill. Cook for 15–20 minutes, checking often, until the salmon is done to your liking. If necessary, cook for an additional 10 minutes or so.
- Place the salmon on a serving plate, sprinkle with the scallions, and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
© Miss Maggie’s Kitchen: Relaxed French Entertaining by Héloïse Brion, Flammarion, 2020.
Images © Christophe Roué and may not be reproduced without written permission from the publisher.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020