I love me some ribs, any kind you want to serve up. Being that I’m from that beautiful city that sits on the bluff (Memphis, Tennessee, that is), I like my ribs dry-rubbed. We make them with a dry rub that imparts lots of flavors. It’s so tasty that I make a big batch and keep it in several jars in my cupboard. (It’s good on pork chops, lamb chops, any chops, and steaks too.) These baby back pork ribs have a pineapple glaze that makes them tender as can be. I could eat these ribs once a week!
Ingredients: For the dry rub
Ingredients: For the ribs
- Preheat the grill to 300°F.
- In a small bowl combine all the dry rub ingredients. Mix well.
- Next, in small mixing bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar to make the glaze. Set aside.
- Place the ribs flat on a sheet pan or cutting board. Sprinkle liberally with the dry rub mixture and fully saturate both sides. Pat roughly to ensure entire rib is covered.
- Place ribs with the meatier side down on the grill. Cover and cook for about an hour. After the first 20 minutes, brush both sides of ribs with the glaze. Repeat again at 40 minutes, and again just before removing the ribs from the grill.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. To finish cooking and impart more flavor to the ribs, place them into a roasting pan. Pour any remaining glaze over the ribs, and roast for 20 minutes uncovered, or until internal temp of 200°F.
- Remove ribs from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Allow the ribs to rest for 10 minutes and then cut ribs in between the bones.
Excerpted from Cooking with Miss Quad: Live, Laugh, Love, and Eat. Text copyright 2019 by Quad Webb. Cover photograph copyright 2019 by Will Sterling. Reproduced by permission of The Countryman Press. All rights reserved.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020