Oftentimes, snacks are oh-so-tasty but not so good for you. One exception, which has become more popular in recent years with the trend of health-conscious food, is trail mix.
Hikers and other outdoorsy people love it because it provides a healthy source of energy. But it’s also quite delicious and provides a seemingly endless variety of ingredients, including nuts, seeds, fruits, and granola.
Ingredients: Savory nut-free trail mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, plantain chips, and baked chickpeas in a bowl. Evenly mix olive oil through the ingredients. Add the cayenne powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and sea salt; coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, and bake for 12-16 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring halfway through. Remove from heat, and let the trail mix cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Ingredients: Sweet n’ salty chocolate drops
- Combine the almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries in a bowl to make the trail mix.
- In a separate bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, and stir occasionally. Add time if needed.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper and, using a spoon, pour the chocolate in quarter-size circles onto the paper.
- Pressing lightly, lay the trail mix onto each of the chocolate drops.
- Allow each of the drops to harden, about 45-60 minutes. For quicker results, you can put the drops in the refrigerator.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017