Calling all mushroom lovers: mix up the traditional veggie burger with a mushroom base and “cheesy” tahini sauce. You’ll never go back to the black bean burger again!
Ingredients: For the burger
Ingredients: For the cheese sauce
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil, and then add in the brown rice. Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, grease a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bring to medium heat. Cook the onions until soft, and then move to the side. Add in the mushrooms, and cook until they turn light brown on all sides. Toss in the garlic, and sauté with the mushrooms and onions for about a minute.
- In a food processor, add in the rice, mushrooms, onions, garlic, cannellini beans, breadcrumbs, tahini, nutritional yeast, ground flaxseeds, vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse three to four times, taking care not to overmix.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat, and add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Form the mixture into 6 medium-sized patties, and place on the heated skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the patties are brown.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the sauce by whisking together the tahini, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, vinegar, syrup or agave, and water. Add more water, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
- Place the patties onto the burger buns, and top with the tahini sauce mixture and other toppings, as desired.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020