One of the best ways to enjoy your backyard is by gathering around a campfire, but gathering wood and making the fire yourself isn’t always feasible. Now you can have your very own tabletop version—perfect for any size backyard!
- Be sure to put on work gloves before starting this project. To begin, spray the inside of the 18-inch bowl with nonstick spray.
- Mix the concrete in a large bucket, and using the trowel, pour the concrete into the 18-inch bowl until it is half-full.
- Place the 14.5-inch bowl into the center of the concrete, and weigh it down with the weights. Be sure that both bowls are level, and that there is about 2-3 inches of concrete in between the bowls.
- Tap the outside of the bowl gently to remove any air bubbles, and give the concrete at least 48 hours to harden.
- Once set, remove the inner bowl first, and then gently remove the concrete from the outer bowl. Use sandpaper to clean up the edges.
- Place a layer of the lava rock into the bottom of the concrete bowl, and add the fuel canisters to the center.
- Cut the metal screen to fit over the concrete, and place over top of the canisters. Cover the grate with a thin layer of the large lava rocks.
- When ready to use, light the fuel canisters through the grate with a longneck lighter.
NOTE: To extinguish the fire pit, follow the guidelines for the gel fuel canisters.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017