No family movie night is complete without popcorn, but for those who enjoy salty and sweet treats, this recipe offers the best of both worlds. With popcorn, chocolate, and just the right amount of crunch, your family will want to eat these bars long after the movie ends.
Ingredients: For the cookie base
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: Popcorn topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- For the cookie base, cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low and add in eggs and vanilla, then turn back up to medium until evenly incorporated. Turn mixer back down to low and add in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until just combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- While the cookie is baking, mix corn syrup, butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth and the mixture is heated through. Remove from heat and stir in popcorn, coating it completely and evenly. Set aside. When cookie is done baking, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly on top.
- Place back in oven for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are puffed, but not browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately spread the popcorn mixture on top of the marshmallows, pressing gently so the popcorn sticks into the marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe bowl, or zip-top bag, melt your remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over top.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017