You may have seen Kim Nelson on ABC’s Shark Tank or in the last issue of American Lifestyle magazine. Her business, Daisy Cakes by Kim Nelson, is taking off and for good reason. Her handmade cakes stem from old, southern family recipes. We couldn’t wait for our cakes to arrive, so we tried our hand at making them for ourselves and recommend that you do the same!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then slice the peaches into little bite-size chunks. You will need a total of 3 cups.
- When the oven is ready, spread 1 cup of pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast for 5 minutes or until the pecans become aromatic. Remove from the oven, and chop them into tiny pieces. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine 1½ cups of canola oil, 2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla in a medium bowl. Then whisk in the 3 cups of self-rising flour, and stir until the batter becomes very stiff.
- To make sure the end results are perfect and come out of the pan easily, you will want to grease and flour your 10-cup Bundt pan.
- The last step to creating the batter is folding in the peaches and pecans. Mix well for even distribution.
- Pour the batter into the prepped pan, and put it into the warmed oven. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow the cake time to cool in the pan—for about 15 minutes or so. This allows the cake to set up more so that it doesn’t crumble when you turn the cake over onto the cake plate.
- Garnish the pound cake with a generous dash of confectioners’ sugar, and devour! This recipe will yield 16 to 20 servings.
This featured recipe has been adapted from the cookbook Daisy Cakes by Kim Daisy (Lydia Inglett Publishing/Starbooks.biz). For more delicious treats, pick up your own copy of Daisy Cakes online.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017