The problem with fresh flowers is that they eventually wither. The solution is to press them. Pressed flowers can be used in a wide variety of projects, including this easy craft that creates a beautiful stained glass effect.
- Press the flowers by placing them between two sheets of absorbent paper and topping them with heavy objects such as a stack of books for two to three weeks. Avoid paper towels with imprinted texture, because the pattern may imprint on the petals, and consider replacing paper after about a week.
- When the flowers are completely dried and pressed, cut out two sheets of wax paper to fit the size of the frame you are using.
- Arrange the pressed flowers on one sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle the crayon shavings on top of the flowers.
- Put the second sheet of wax paper on top. Iron the wax paper on a medium setting without steam until the crayons melt together.
- Once melted, allow the wax paper to cool before placing the craft into your frame. Place in a window where the sunlight can travel through your stained glass design.
Your new craft will give you years of enjoyment and bring back memories of the occasion when you first got the flowers.
For more fun craft ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/create.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018