With every change of season comes a change in home decor. For summer, get craftsy and make this simple nautical burlap wreath to embellish any part of your home. It’s the unique piece that will tie a nautical theme together and impress anyone who visits your home!
- Pick a starting point on the inside slat of your wreath frame. Carefully thread the end of the burlap through the frame, and pull through until you have enough slack to tie a small knot around the middle slat of the frame, facing the back of the wreath.
- With the long end of burlap, make a small loop, about 2 inches, and feed it through the slat on the inside of the frame. Twist the end, and make another loop, feeding it through the middle slat. Twist, and make a third loop, and feed it through the outermost slat. Twist the ends, and continue these steps, working your way back toward the inside slat.
- Continue these steps while working your way around the wreath frame, making sure each row is as close as possible and the size of the loops are consistent.
- Once you have covered the entire frame, tie another small knot around the middle slat, and cut the excess burlap. Fluff the burlap loops as desired.
- Decorate with ribbon, or use twine to tie on additional embellishments such as anchor details or shells.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Mar 19, 2017