A wind chime is a great way to add some personality to your outdoor living space. This whimsical wind chime is not only easy to make, but also utilizes old items laying around your house for an antique look.
- Spray paint the old keys, and let dry.
- Wrap the inner circle of an embroidery hoop tightly with yarn.
- Tie a piece of the nylon beading thread to a key, making sure that the key is at the bottom of the strand. Slide on some of the assorted beads and bells. Repeat with the remaining strands.
- Once all of the items are threaded, take each strand, and tie the top ends of the strands to the hoop. Note: To make a spiral effect, make the first strand the longest, and each one after slightly shorter.
- Take four empty strands of yarn, and tie each end to the four sides of the hoop. Take each strand, and tie to a key ring in the center of the hoop.
- Attach the yarn to the key ring, then tie off the ends of the yarn, and attach them to the hoop.
Optional: Hang a larger bell from a string that comes off of the keyring to hang down the middle of the wind chime.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017