Getting your gingerbread house to look just right can be a challenge. Cracking roofs, candy that just won’t stick, and dripping icing are just some of the problems that can creep up.
Follow these tips to make sure your gingerbread house comes out looking spectacular:
- Roll your dough out directly onto the baking sheet. This can help you easily trace your shapes and pull away extra dough.
- Trim the edges of the dough while it is still warm from the oven. The lines will be more even, and the pieces will also stick together better during assembly.
- Let the pieces of your gingerbread house dry overnight before assembling. Warm dough is stickier and will fall apart.
- Help keep your house strong and steady by giving it a supportive base. Cake circles, for instance, will work as a solid stabilizer.
- Give your house all of its decorative touches before assembling the pieces together. It’s much more difficult to add icing and candy after the house is built.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Nov 15, 2019
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017