The hours after the school day can be a mess of papers, projects and frustration, trying to get your kids to stay still and finish their homework. But distractions like the computer, TV, and other siblings, can make getting homework done feel near impossible.
Luckily there are ways to keep your child focused on their homework that doesn’t require strapping them down to the chair. This stress-free homework station, complete with a turntable of ready-to-go supplies, is guaranteed to bring more organization to your after-school routine.
- Be sure to clean the bottoms of each jar, as well as the turntable, letting them dry before you begin.
- Use the ruler to draw six different sections on the table. Cover each line with colorful masking or washi tape.
- Decide where you are going to place each jar in the sections, leaving the larger plastic container for the center, then decorate the jars as desired. You can use the tape for decorating, as well.
- Secure the jars and container to the table by cutting each fastener in half to fit on the bottom, and press the sticky side onto the jar. Attach the jars to the table by pressing them into the fastener until you hear a click.
- Fill each jar with pens, pencils, glue, and other fun school supply items.