Coolers are a necessity for a backyard party—how else are you going to keep your drinks cold? Unfortunately, they can look rather bulky and unattractive with your outdoor decor. This cooler DIY is the perfect solution for keeping your beverages cold and your backyard stylish!
- Measure your cooler to guarantee a proper fit inside the ottoman, and be sure to leave a little extra room on each side, including the top, for the lid.
- Align the 2 (2×3) pieces of wood side-by-side, but far apart to leave room for the cooler. Lay three pieces of the 1” x 6” x 8” pieces of wood to form the base, and secure with the nail gun. Repeat the process until you form an outlined box with three pieces of the 1” x 6” x 8” stacked high on each side.
- With a wood stain of your choice, paint the box, and allow to dry.
- Measure and cut the piece of plywood to serve as the seat.
- Take a piece of outdoor fabric, and cut big enough to cover the piece of plywood lid. Staple along three of the four sides of plywood, and place pillow stuffing in the unstapled side. Once stuffed to your liking, staple the open side closed, and excess fabric to the underside of the seat. Trim any loose fabric from the sides.
- With the wood glue, secure the seat to the larger plywood lid, press down, and allow the glue to dry before using.
- Place your cooler inside to ensure a proper fit, and use to keep your drinks cool!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020