These delicious cinnamon and caramel scratch cupcakes are decadent, moist, and perfect for any party!
Makes 1 dozen cupcakes
Ingredients: for the cupcakes
Ingredients: for the frosting
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the mixer slowly, until blended.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla, increase the mixer speed slightly, and beat until batter is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake cups. Fill cups ¾ of the way full with batter. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked completely. Check doneness with a toothpick, insert the toothpick into the center of the cupcake, and remove. If the toothpick is clean the cupcakes are done. Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, combine butter, dulce de leche, vanilla, powdered sugar, and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag (pastry tip of your liking) and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with churro before serving.
Tip: You can substitute vanilla box cake batter to save time, just add in 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. You can usually find frozen churros at your grocery store, or freshly made churros at many donut shops.