There’s no drink more appropriate for St. Patrick’s Day than a rich, dark stout. And this dessert brings that deep chocolatey flavor (plus a touch of Irish cream) together in perfect harmony.
Ingredients: For the cupcakes
Ingredients: For the frosting
Ingredients: For the ganache
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the cupcake batter by melting the stick of butter in a small saucepan. Add in the stout, and bring to a simmer.
- While the butter and stout mixture is heating, beat the sugar and eggs together in a bowl, and slowly add in the flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and buttermilk. Add into the cupcake batter over a strainer, and mix thoroughly. Add in the vanilla, and stir.
- When the stout and butter mixture comes to a simmer, stir in the cocoa powder until well-mixed, and slowly strain the liquid into the cupcake batter. Stir until just combined.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners, and fill each cup ¼ of the way with batter. Bake the cupcakes for 15–20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the Irish cream frosting by whipping the butter until light a fluffy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar on low speed until incorporated, and increase speed to medium-high. Add in the vanilla, followed by the whiskey, and continue to mix. Add more whiskey a tablespoon at a time until the frosting is loose and fluffy. Place the frosting in a piping bag, and set aside.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Prepare the ganache by bringing the corn syrup, Bailey’s, and heavy cream to a simmer in a small pot. Add in the chocolate, and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat, and mix in the vanilla.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, dip the tops into the ganache, and swirl above the bowl to allow the excess to drip. Once the ganache has set, pipe the frosting onto each cupcake, and top with the printable shamrock decorations!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 30, 2020