Light, lemony, and garlic-infused, this creamy pasta dish with tender chicken will be a favorite replacement for heavier pasta in tomato sauce.
Serves 4 to 6
- Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon pepper, oregano, and salt on both sides.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large frying pan, and brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in a 6-quart (6-L) slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic to the pan the chicken was in. Bring it to a boil, and scrape up all the goodness on the bottom of the pan. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours (breasts will take more like 4 hours). The chicken will be tender, and will pull apart easily.
- Remove the chicken and ½ cup (118 ml) of juice from the slow cooker. Add the cornstarch to the juice, and then return it to the slow cooker. Cook the sauce for 30 minutes on high to allow it to thicken.
- Pull the chicken apart, and put it back into the sauce. Pour it over the pasta, and mix to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Cover and book design by Page Street Publishing Co. Photography by Erica Allen
Reprinted with permission from Holiday Slow Cooker by Leigh Anne Wilkes, Page Street Publishing Co. 2017.
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 17, 2016