Stuffed artichokes are a classic dish you can’t go wrong with for a meal or even as an appetizer. This recipe is cheesy, lemony, and herbaceous for a flavor-packed dish everyone is sure to love.
- Cut off the base and the top 1¼ inches of each artichoke and remove the tough outer layer of leaves.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 2 of the lemons. Set the zest aside and pour the juice over the artichokes to prevent browning.
- Steam the artichokes for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Meanwhile, juice the remaining lemon, then sauté the garlic in a skillet over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil and a pinch of salt. When the garlic begins to color, stir in the lemon juice, bread crumbs, parsley, and basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the lemon zest, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the inner leaves from the center of each artichoke and scoop out the chokes with a teaspoon.
- Stir the Parmesan into the bread crumb mixture, then stuff this filling into the cavity of each artichoke, packing some between the leaves as well. Sit the artichokes close together in a single layer in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 15–20 minutes, until the artichokes are completely tender and the bread crumbs golden. Serve hot or warm.
© Miss Maggie’s Kitchen: Relaxed French Entertaining by Héloïse Brion, Flammarion, 2020.
Images © Christophe Roué and may not be reproduced without written permission from the publisher.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020