It can be difficult to find a dinner that will please everyone, especially a casserole. But green bean casserole is one of those dishes that can be easily transformed to fit everyone’s tastes, even those on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
Ingredients: For the creamy Soup
Ingredients: For the fried onion topping
Soup and fried onions
- Place chopped cauliflower in a large heavy-bottom pan with almond milk, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Cook until cauliflower is soft. Once soft, blend in a blender until creamy.
- Transfer into a large saucepan. In the large pan, heat up coconut oil, and sauté the garlic, onions and mushrooms until the mushrooms start to lose some of their liquid, about 10 minutes. Once the mushrooms are cooked, add them to the large pot with the cauliflower soup, and simmer on low.
- For the onion topping, soak the onions in the milk for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, sage, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or deep fryer. Then coat the sliced onions in the flour mixture. Fry the onions in small batches until they are crunchy.
- Drain on a towel, and season with paprika.
Green beans and the casserole
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Bring a large saucepan of water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add in the beans, and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain, and set aside to allow to completely dry.
- Add in the green beans and half of the fried onions to the cauliflower soup mixture, and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish, and bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Remove, top with remaining fried onions, and serve immediately.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020